QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Döktaş Iron Casting has been founded in 1973 in Orhangazi county of Bursa city is the biggest and leader foundry in Turkey. In Bursa Orhangazi facilities cast iron, nodular cast iron and machining activities and in Manisa Organized Industrial Zone facilities high and low pressured aluminum cast and aluminum rim production are being carried on.
Döktaş has joined GÜRİŞ Holding in July 2018.
Döktaş with its annual production capacity of 155.000 tons of cast iron, 15.000 tons of aluminum cast and 1.200.000 pieces of rim, produces aluminum, nodular cast iron and grey cast iron to the automotive, construction machinery, agricultural machinery and machinery manufacturers.
Being in 157nd rank in ISO Top 500 Companies List in 2021, Döktaş has an important place in Turkish economy with its approximate 3000 employees.
We are looking for innovative, business oriented, team spirited “Purchasing Engineering” to join our team for Döktaş plant in Bursa – Orhangazi which is the leading company in foundry sector, with the following qualifications:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience
- Good knowledge of import regulations
- Excellent command of English both written & spoken
- Good knowledge of MS Office Applications, preferably knowledge of SAP
- Good communication skills
- Systematic and results-oriented
- Strong negotiation ability
- For male candidates having completed military service
- Residing or can reside in Bursa, Orhangazi, Gemlik or Yalova.
- Taking an active role in supplier research, price inquiries and order management in overseas and domestic purchasing processes to create and gaining alternative suppliers.
- Purchasing Foundry Raw & Auxiliary materials with desired quality and specifications, and with the optimal cost from confirmed suppliers within the given time,
- Purchasing Foundry Tools and Equipments with desired quality and specifications for investment purpose.
- Conducting cost down projects in order to lower total purchasing cost,
- Preparation of relevant documents in the purchasing process, filing and checking the conformity of the received documents.
- Obtain strong & effective communications with the various suppliers and service providers during the purchasing process.
- Works with Finance to provide the required documentation and prepare all payment plans in a timely manner.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and publishing performance metrics of suppliers.
- Tracks all open orders until receiving of the related materials/services and informs requesters regularly.
- Processing orders in the SAP system; Follow-up of orders and deadline monitoring, handling of quality claims with suppliers.
- Following up on new trends, market related developments, and technology to lead on innovation and create a competitive advantage.
- Managing supplier contracts to protect the company’s business interests and reputation, negotiating contractual terms and condition in favor of the company.
- Ensuring customs clearance activities are carried out in accordance with foreign trade regulations.
- To control and provide the complementary and mandatory documents and details related to import and customs clearance.